Completed on 9 January 1933, a new seaside walkway was named the Jager Walk after H. S. Jager, the chairman of the Village Management Board. Who first called it the Catwalk is not known, there are several claimants, and although there is a name board up with Jager Walk on it, it is always known locally as the Catwalk. A 1785 map marks a path along this area called “Diamanten Pad”.
A possible explanation of this is the presence of crystals in the granite boulders along what is now the Catwalk, which sparkle in the sun.
Alas, no diamonds have ever been found there.